Thursday, January 29, 2009

Monochromatic Bedroom

I really like this bedroom I found on HGTV's rate my space. What I also love is that the accessories for the room are super affordable for the average homeowner.




(The artwork is from IKEA. Lamps are from Lowes. Circle pillow from Target. Throws from Marshalls. Circle bed sheets from TJMaxx. The paint color is "smoked oyster" from Valspar.)

However, this room is just a tad too monochromatic for me. The good thing is that since everything is so neutral, it would be very easy to add a pop of color. It would even be easy to change the accent color every season. Here's what I might add to the room:

For a splash of orange, you could add in some orange pillows and a little jewelry box. I'd also add a little potted plant on one of the nightstands (I tend to go with succulents since I'm not very good at remembering to water plants)

No comments:

Post a Comment